When it comes to LEGO Star Wars™, I have tried to keep myself limited. I have the UCS Millennium Falcon, all 7000+ pieces, and I have it proudly on display at the top of our stairwell, but otherwise I’ve avoided any of the big sets from the Ultimate Collector’s Series.
Today, the LEGO group announced their newest UCS set is the Republic Gunship, a set inspired by Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and featured in both the films and television series.
Coming in at 3,292 pieces, the detail and build experience on this one are likely to be pretty fun.
The promo image of the set on someone’s table really puts the scale into perspective. It’s got a massive footprint for this one!
If this set is something you’re already jumping around excitedly for, then there’s some good news for you. The Republic Gunship will be released on August 1, 2021 via LEGO Stores and LEGO.com with a retail price of $349.99. Sure, that’s not the cheapest UCS out there, but it certainly isn’t the most expensive one!
Additional information provided via LEGO includes:
- Product name: LEGO® Star Wars™ Republic Gunship Construction Set (75309)
- Age – 18+
- Model measures: Height: 13 in./33cm, Width: 29 in./74cm, Length: 27 in./68cm
- Pieces: 3,292
- Voted for by LEGO® fans to become a UCS building set… so here it is!
- The first-ever Ultimate Collector Series buildable model of a Republic Gunship
- Packed with authentic features, including swing-out spherical gun turrets.
- Includes a display stand with two LEGO® Star Wars™ minifigures Mace Windu, and Clone Trooper Commander.
- An impressive display piece you’ll be proud to display.
- Price: RRP $349.99 / £329 / €349.99
So what do you think? Will you bet getting one? Let me know in the comments!